Monday, January 5, 2009

imma balla




I played in the first game of the season today in the league I joined. I'll be sure to post if I actually score any points. I was a bit timid this time around and only made 2 attempts. Both were better than bad attempts. =P

Also joined Netflix.
I had blockbuster by mail for over a year...and blockbuster total access for some of it. It was nice...not gonna lie. With Blockbuster, you can return to a brick and mortar store, and then you instantly get a free rental. And a coupon per month for a video OR game rental. But somehow I just got incredibly lazy over time. And by "somehow" I mean, duh. But that's why I got rid of that feature and only paid $5/mo and still barely had a queue with high turnover. But now I'm doing the $9/mo plan from Netflix so I can have unlimited streaming of whatever movies and whatever TV shows they offer. Somehow that is worth it to me, even if I still don't actually watch the movies I request. Yay...
My opinion: If you're not lazy and have a car, Blockbuster Total Access trumps Netflix in that you have a wider selection of free/bonus/extras from just the DVDs by mail. But Netflix is better for your average slug like me. :-)

No comments: