Wednesday, March 7, 2012

melaleuca mania!



Tea tree oil! It works! Kind of!

I'm kind of hurting right now since I haven't gotten a chance to apply some tea tree+lavender+jojoba oil mixture to my scalp post-shower in almost a week, but it was going pretty darn well. I'd say similar improvement in the psoriasis as the steroids, but a lot less of the paranoia of the chemicals and stinging. Then again, I don't know what the long term effects of tea tree oil are. Even so many days removed from my last oil massaging treatment it could definitely be much worse. TMI coming? My scalp hasn't bled from cracking in a whole week it seems. Definitely yay from me. I'm not cured, and you can't really be cured from psoriasis anyway, but it was a clear improvement from doing nothing but some medicated shampoos. The topical steroids do work better, but like I mentioned in a previous post, I wasn't comfortable using it daily given the warnings. I hope tea tree oil doesn't turn out to be carcinogenic or something.

No comments: