Monday, June 30, 2008

we got game

Excited for the Olympics? I am. It all started with "We Are Ready", a song that reminds me of a Pokémon theme song, which I didn't like very much. There's a Jackie Chan version too which I have yet to listen to.



And then came "Beijing Huan Ying Ni (Beijing Welcomes You)" which sounds way cheesier than "We Are Ready", but I love 100x more. (Thanks, Jae. =P)



And then I read on the wikipedia page for the 2008 Olympics that Celine Dion and Jay Chou will sing at the opening Ceremony. Both. Sweet choices. For different reasons.

Also:
"In mid-2006, video gamers held talks with the Chinese government in hopes of allowing video games to be a demonstration sport at the games. Demonstration events have not been held at any Olympic Games (Summer or Winter) since 1992."
More here.

No comments: