Tuesday, February 12, 2008

For the umpteenth time, Hello World

Welcome to the first post of my new blog. I guess this is possibly the, hmm, 8th blog that I've started or contributed to (no matter how infrequently or insignificantly). That's all I can remember anyway. I don't know what I'm trying to achieve with this yet really...seeing as I have many outlets to choose from. I guess...why not have this first post outline them! (It's a classic, filler move.)

Livejournal - a way to read other people's livejournals. :-) A place for daily babble and whatever I want with very customizable controls as to who sees what.

Xanga - the livejournal-esque community of my high school and early college-hood.

the band oh-sev blog - ignorantly web addressed to ypmb 07, a place for all Yale band 07 and friends to post whatever they feel appropriate.

vox - joined for 2 people. I don't use it.

anyo (the blogger blog), anyo the, um, site... - leeching off of someone else's blog. The first one was originally a bulletin board. The second one was just a site I crashed sometimes with the most impersonally interesting things I could think of.

the secret blog - the secret blog I kept for a while to write absolutely anything I wanted...at the time it was so I could write at home and at work and anywhere I had an internet connection.

And now...the news mews muse moos! The name means nothing. It's loosely based on something I wrote in germany called the Daily Moos, a one page newsletter-like report on whatever I could think of by 10am. And though I'm not holding myself to a deadline, I'll do my best to force myself to write!

*edit - I've since implemented a very fuzzy label system:
news - anything that can be construed to be based on current events, or a link to an article
mews - something I'd put in my LJ or xanga...slightly random stuff...news about me
muse - distractions, flash games, things that just purely for fun and stand-alone...minimal opinion
moos - ever so slightly more impersonal than mews...fine line...:-)

No comments: