Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Absolutely Free



This weekend I did a small bit of grocery shopping and happened to see that these were on sale in the supermarket. (The featured item in the circular was a double fudge ice cream bar but I ended up getting the orange creme bar since it was all that was available.) I googled the product quickly before setting out on my excursion.

Absolutely Free ice cream - fat free, cholesterol free, lactose free...

Sounds delicious-free, right? Well, I expected the reviews or comments to have things mixed in like "Don't bother, just eat real ice cream" or "also free of TASTE" but they were all positive reviews. And yay for lactose free things. So I tried it.

And it was good.

It didn't taste exactly like ice cream, but how much can I ask for? It was a nice frozen treat, that very closely resembled ice cream and in Alex's words, "I've had worse things that do have lactose and fat in it."

80 calories a bar. I recommend it. I hate the term guilt free snack, but if you're the type to categorize your snacks, I guess this would be one of them.

No comments: