Saturday, September 6, 2008

fun with your PC webcam

I think Macbooks (at least before the eee pc/tiny laptop craze!) have established themselves as the "it" notebook computer to have. It's not only trendy, it's actually just...really the best notebook in a lot of respects. I'm sure a lot of sales came from Macbook envy...or at least that's why I wanted one. :-) (I still don't have one though.) Seeing those clean running long battery life sleek user friendly mac notebooks in lecture...that was enough. But to boot, I think when people got their brand new macbook, shortly after there was a "fun with Photo Booth" album on facebook. I wanted Photo Booth (and a webcam) so badly...

I recently read a post in Lifehacker, Effortlessly Document Your Party with Simple Photo Projects. They're all great ideas. And I think I might invest in an Eye-fi card so I never have to hook up my camera to my laptop again (that would actually change EVERYTHING). You should read it. One of the ideas is to put in a photo booth at your party--what better way to get pictures of everyone than to make them do it themselves?

I decided to play around with Cameroid, a web based photobooth app, and make a mosaic from mosaic maker like I did in this old post. I had to upload them to flickr first though.

Enjoy this small sampling of options available. And actual pictures of me. And PC people, enjoy Cameroid! (I look green in the pics b/c of my webcam...I was sitting against a futon with a very red cover...and I was too lazy to do anything about it.)

No comments: