Wednesday, September 24, 2008

the latest in my laziness

Hey there. (a continuation of hi there)
So we all know I don't cook. Ha. There went that New Years Resolution of one recipe a week. (Though the thing that bothers me about recipes is you have to get all these random items and spices and I don't have enough cabinet space that I can readily reach...)

My latest in cutting edge laziness.

Normal ramen.

Not peanut butter noodles, but just normal ramen.

The twist? You knew there had to be one. :-) First it's made in the microwave. Just put water and the noodles (I like mine on the undone side, so I don't even necessarily immerse all of the noodles) in a bowl, and nuke for 3 minutes. But before you add the noodles...crack an egg and throw that in. There you have it. Poached egg and ramen. Take out the noodles, add a half a packet or less of the soup base, and you have yourself a delicious instant treat. Wasn't that sad??? But hey, I never get home before 8pm at the earliest, and sometimes a girl gets hungry.

Usually if made in a pot, like a normal person would do it, add the egg in towards the end...I like my eggs slightly runny. =P But I can't afford these luxuries when I'm making my nuke it and forget about it meals. Let cool in the microwave until you remember you made food.

No comments: