Tuesday, September 16, 2008

homage to the good things

Example of a good thing:
The old King Arthur cartoon. And the kickin' theme song.


Been going through a lot lately and it won't stop! I'm letting people down, people are letting me down, it's a big mess. I also pulled my first all-nighter, but not even to get work done (if it happened, it happened) but I kind of wanted to know if I was capable of doing it a week or two from now.

Other good things. Hmm.
I've managed to label myself as a casual gamer. I hate that term, because I feel like I'm "better" than that (whatever that means) but I'll face it. I haven't been able to get into a game since...Gunbound. And I couldn't handle that 'cuz there were items you could only get with real money. Anyway, most of my fun on the computer happens at work during lunch (or not) so it has to be text or flash based, and most likely labeled as "casual".

So, if there are any other casual gamers out there ::gag:: Here are two sites you shouldn't live without:
Jay is Games - Self labeled as a casual gameplay site for reviews, walkthroughs, and discussion. The reviews are almost too thorough, for reviews that possibly take themselves too seriously. (Love them anyway.) Aaaaaand, most of the time you're not going to be reading the reviews. Say you're done wasting time the normal way - reading your news and blogs far too efficiently using Google Reader, checked sports standings, facebook, etc - and you just want a fresh new distraction! Updated about 1-3 times a day, there will be at least one link you'll want to check out. Even if it's just a 5 minute flash animation or click around no-replay value game. It'll be a good break!

Casual Collective - "built by two friends to provide a place to combine their two great loves: Social networking and Casual gaming." Yeah. Sigh. I only discovered this today, and only to play Flash Element TD2. But then I caught glimpse of multiplayer DTD. It's gotta be good.

No comments: