Friday, August 1, 2008

all outta juice

I've been uninspired to blog about anything lately! At first I was all tumblr-ing, but now I'm just sort of dead. I think it's because it's the end of the biweek at work. Here's to hoping I'll have more to say (for my sake, since blogging tends to make me feel better) next week!

Until then, some musings:
- Skeeball is one of the best inventions ever. I'm gonna look it up right now. Um, Scoring Mechanism?
- Remember how when you started drinking, you drank really skanky cheap beers, and then you grew up, got an ID, and money, and you started drinking better beers? I don't know about other "real world" people, but I'm finding that I have to intentionally go back a little bit. Partially because of saving a buck or two per drink and partially because being a beer snob is turning out to not be a cool thing, until you meet other beer snobs, and then you realize you don't want to be one of them. :-) There's also a fact that I learned only recently: PBR is the beer choice of hipsters. And sometimes, ya gotta emulate.
- Okay, I STILL think it's weird that Everclear sang "Brown Eyed Girl" at a free concert I went to earlier this summer and the lead singer dedicated it to his teenage daughter. Because honestly now the lyrics are "makin' love in the green grass". NO. I need to stop thinking about it. It was a sweet gesture, and I'm pretty sure I'm the only person who made that connection.

No comments: