Saturday, August 16, 2008

reminds me of my angry days

Here's a story involving me and a cab last night. On a somewhat reflective note, this encounter reminds me of how I'm changed since intermediate school...I used to be really angry, full of "Diana Rage (TM)" and now I'm overly nice. I thrown my fair share of punches and given a good number of shoves. But I think I've gotten wayyy too soft. Should've reached through the bullet proof window and slapped this mofo.

Okay. It was good times at my officemate's bday party.

I considered taking the bus to the metro from the place but there were a few cabs outside when I emerged. I hail one.

I tell him where I’m going. He hears me and starts on his merry way.

A split second later he looks across the street and…

cabbie: “Aw man, I missed picking up 4 people. Do you mind?”

me: “Uh, you want me to get out?”

cabbie: “Yeah, I’m sorry, you look so sweet…”

I get out, in complete shock, that I, a girl, regardless of hotness or not, not only get passed up for 4 dudes across the street, but I get told to get out of the cab I’m already in so he can serve the 4 guys. That’s not even racial profiling or anything. Somehow this is worse. That’s just absurdly mean and ridiculous. If I hadn’t been in such a good mood coming out of the party, I would have not been in such shock and maybe remembered to get his name and cab number or just give him some attitude. Because that’s very illegal.

W. T. F.

I was in NE DC (pretty ghetto), alone, and all of 5’3”. You are the worst man I have ever met, cabbie. You left me for what seemed like 4 frat guys, just for the extra charges for extra passengers.

I took the bus like a good frugal (and I guess slightly fearless?) girl to the metro and went back to my crashpad for the night. With the really nice kitty. She makes it better.

No comments: