Tuesday, August 26, 2008

need more protein


My easy meals are uninspired, but always yummy since I put what I know I want in. Really, the key of cooking. :-) Sometimes I follow recipes that look yummy, and I pick up the spices they ask for, which I'm most likely unfamiliar with, and then it's all "interesting" and unexpected. Good for sometimes, but not good for quick meals after TKD.

Pasta with one of three options:

  • pasta sauce and mozzarella (if lucky!)
  • a can of white clam sauce (yum!)
  • just olive oil, basil, salt, and pepper (ghetto pesto)
  • peanut butter, soy sauce, and sriracha (hot sauce) (the alternative to the peanut butter ramen we all know and love if I've made it for you, but for when I don't feel like digging up a packet of soup base)

With the frequency that I cook, it keeps me well entertained enough. :-) I'm ready to eat on $2 a day...(why does that seem high? Is it because I eat a half a box at a time?)

And for a dash of protein, I'll hard boil an egg. Anything that lets me put a pot to boil and wander off for a few minutes = win.

No comments: