Friday, August 15, 2008

casual diversions #2

My next post is another tower defense game...Protector: Reclaiming the Throne.

Originally found from this casual gaming site, Jay is Games, it's a whole lot of lost productivity. :-) At first it was under control, but I'm still not sure if there's a pause button. Instead of attack towers like in Desktop Tower Defense (from the first casual game post) you have mages and warriors, and you level them up with gold via certain tracks. A "Skill Tree" determines available tracks and your skill trees grow with skill points, which you earn with each map you clear.

Anyway, I almost gave up on this game after not being able to beat any maps for a while. But after some peeking at a walkthrough for strategies I'm back and more engrossed than ever. (Not super engrossed.)

I like DTD better, but I'm over that game for a while, after resparking interest in it a whole 3 times.

No comments: