Thursday, August 21, 2008

I'm surprised at myself

I talk the talk sometimes, but let's face it, I'm not actually sentimental about most things. I'm not sure if I'm just grasping at anything to miss college for, but I am truly grateful for and miss the Yale TKD team. I still train here, but it's not the same.

Here's a random picture of a dude from Taiwan (Chinese Taipei, whatever) who won bronze in his weight class. =P



I have been staying up late streaming TKD on nbcolympics.com. It's partially because I've grown fond of the sport, yes, and also because I miss Olympic sparring over the Point sparring style I've been forced to do now, but at some point I realized as I was watching that all I wanted to do was e-mail my tkd team, talk to them about sparring, and psych them up. As if there were a tournament coming up. As if I were still on the team now, less am one year removed from a team that has upped the training about 10 fold since I left and probably know better than I do now. But I still sent an e-mail to a list I created (the chat list :-)) as if they still, or ever, looked to me for leadership.

In fact I want to send them an e-mail right now and tell them to watch a match I just saw, to see how the girl from Taiwan checked with the front leg a few times before most of her fast kicks, effectively used the axe kick and even some jumping back kicks...

But I won't. For now.

No comments: