Monday, July 14, 2008

all look same


I'm eating breakfast right now. Sometimes I go to the breakfast bar place across the street and get some eggs, chicken, tater tots and some fruit...but all I really want are tater tots (and maybe some fruit). I don't know why I foolin' myself.

I'm not sure if it'd be healthier to eat more tater tots in lieu of chicken and eggs (I highly doubt it) but you can never be sure.

I've seen this book in the book store, Eat This, Not That, which is supposed to help you choose which foods to eat in place of other ones without dieting. Here are the I guess top 15 swaps to make in restaurants and fast food places. The one that always headlines (even on the cover of the book) is that a Big Mac is 220 calories less than the Whopper. It has to do with the heavy mayo on the Whopper versus the less calorie ridden "secret sauce" so I don't know the difference if the sauces are foregone altogether.

Some of the swaps are ridiculous (when was the last time you were caught between a glazed donut and a glazed cake donut...also I've never seen a cake donut) but they're fun to look at!

The book is affiliated with Men's Health Magazine, but Women's Health Magazine (at least the website) also has an Eat This, Not That section, but in the form of a humbling quiz. It was rough times.

I feel like I should get paid for plugging this book. I didn't even read it. Meh. But it's an interesting concept.

No comments: