Thursday, July 10, 2008

desperation



Today's posts lack pictures. So here's one. I just got a text message from Sprint being like "Upgrade today! You're eligible for a 220 dollar instant savings on the Samsung Instinct."

Here's the website for it. It's a little overdramatic. Apparently they'll pay you for product placement in a youtube home movie?

My 30 second scan of a quick search leads me to believe that it's a decent iPhone 3G competitor. That's nice to know. 'Cuz the Sprint phone selection sucks in general. CNET review here if anyone out there actually still uses Sprint. (Well I guess I know of one person who switched back because of the Everything plan!)

Also when did I tell Sprint it was okay to text me? I don't remember. It's happened before. I think the funnier thing is that the end of the text is "Reply S to stop" but it gets cut off there. I mean, it's pretty clear that it's to unsubscribe, but imagine if it were really "Reply S to stop us from asking you ever again to unsubscribe so we can send you texts forever and by replying you have agreed to be charged $200 just 'cuz."

No comments: