Thursday, July 24, 2008

Black in America

CNN.com/living is doing a collection called Black in America.
Also airing tonight at 9pm.

It's sort of out of nowhere that I'm posting this, but I keep finding myself reading pieces categorized in this section. It's clearly not big news that, well, there are issues in the lives of Black Americans that most people don't have to face. And I don't want to turn this into something White People Like (Having Black Friends, Barack Obama, Being Offended, etc.) but I'm just saying, that the way some of these pieces are written with a bigger component of feeling and intimacy that make you understand things on a personal level. Okay that sounded toolish. Anyway. Sigh.

Here are a few that I remember reading recently that made me angry at things like the Gap.
Behind the Scenes: Black and shopping in America
Black and single: Is marriage only for white people?
Commentary: Me and my brother and black America

No comments: