Tuesday, July 1, 2008

dream sequence

Insomnia and sleeping restlessly in the heat often leads to ridiculous dreams.

Last night I dreamt that I was chosen to save humanity (!!!) and I dunno what I had to do, but I had to do it several times, and in the end I'm not sure if I managed to save humanity. As tends to happen when I facebook before bed, my dream featured a lot of random people from HS and college and the like. One part of the dream had to do with some random ritual that had to be performed to open the gate to some alter universe, something like the Boundary in Wizard's First Rule with demon hound things to boot! But really it was more like an alternate dimension since I was in my house in Staten Island, but everything was just grey and a lot scarier. Anyway the ritual was really bizarre and involved choosing the right statue, scratching it and pouring lemon juice down something, but my friends got the wrong kind of lemon juice (even though I told them to be careful about it and humanity was on the line!) and alas, the portal didn't open. Oh well. At the end of the dream I think I had one more day to save the world but I got up at about 5 in the morning and then *poof*!

Then I went back to sleep and had some sort of spin-off dream. A minor character from the first dream became the protagonist, and he struggled with being gay, and eventually fell in love with the lead singer of a Red Hot Chili Peppers cover band. But the lead singer didn't know it!!! Anyway, this protagonist also had a secret identity and was really some sort of protector of the common people, and he used was seemed in the dream to me like a file, like a big file you'd use to smooth out the edges of a piece of metal you just cut, or maybe a piece of plexiglas you just machined, as his weapon of choice. He almost saved a bus full of people! It was early in his legendary life, and he chickened out before he could attack someone with murderous intent and someone else had to do it. But I'm sure he either perfected non-deadly force or got over his fear of death if it meant saving other innocent people!

I'm guessing humanity was saved in the end somehow in my first dream or else the second wouldn't have happened.

The end.

No comments: