Thursday, July 24, 2008

perhaps "sponsor" is the wrong word

So I guess I only just noticed that if I'm logged into Google, that it keeps track of what sites I've gone to and when. Whoa. Also that search bar down there is not new, I know that, but I'd just like to point it out as long as it's in the picture. Google knows too much.

I'd also like to add that Google has blocked my friend's site because they've independently determined it might not be safe. (I have yet to see if this is just me and a problem with my computer. Events unfolding here.)

I'm gonna create a "Google" label now since this is about the 4th time I'm blogging about them in some way...

3 comments:

Mike said...

Not seeing it on my machine (the dates stuff). This sounds a lot like Google Web History (www.google.com/history), are you sure you didn't enable that at some point?

Diana said...

I remember specifically NOT enabling it. :-) It's possible that the one time I logged in turned it on forever!

Diana said...

yeah, checked it...it should only save searches for me to see when I log in. and it doesn't do it for every site...seems to only be certain ones!