Monday, July 28, 2008

weekend update

Well, well, well. I feel like that was the longest blogger break I've had in a while! Let's do a boring life-update post.

- I baked up some corn tortilla chips yesterday after realizing that I don't like soft corn tortillas. I didn't realize how much different they tasted from flour. (I know, duh, that seems obvious. But I think it was more of a lack of awareness that I've been eating mostly flour ones.) That was yummy. You just brush both sides with oil, cut them in to wedges, and bake until a nummy golden brown. Sprinkle salt and enjoy! Or add an actual "hint of lime" unlike the Tostitos brand which I feel bombards your mouth after the first two bites.

- I called a number to get transferred to a voice message telling me to e-mail someone about getting a bike locker at King St Metro. I have really complicated reasons to feel the need for a locker. Anyway. A few days later I get an e-mail:
No, there are no lockers available at this time. No one seems to want to cancel their contract.

Sigh. Oh well. No one wants to cancel their contract. That's a funny way of putting it.

- Oh, and the tortillas were for my attempt at steak tacos. Steak was marinated in lime juice. Yum.

- I just clicked on some link that is apparently blocked by work for being labeled as "Adult/Mature Content" and I got a warning. That's scary. I hope they don't come after me. All I did was Google "US News login" in my attempts to find a way to get to the grad school rankings. My bad.

That's all for now. Yawn.

No comments: