Wednesday, July 2, 2008

the telly told me so


"I go into this little restaurant with that [rich, white] demographic and a lady comes up to me and says, `You know, I want to vote for you,"' he said. "I don't know if it is a joke or that people just like to say those things. But to me, for them to say it out loud means they are thinking about it."


CNN article here.

I've actually never really got into 24. I sure hope none of the suggestions were serious. Not that I probably couldn't find and really start to believe that a Stewart-Colbert ticket would've been pretty sweet, but mostly for the campaigning and debates.

Anyway, I'm not sure if his portrayal of a president really helped the country get ready for a non-white male president, but I suppose it didn't hurt. Did I already mention Obama is black? I think we need a Denzel Washington endorsement. I hear white people like him.

No comments: