Friday, July 18, 2008

it feels like a guilty pleasure



I don't usually watch a lot of TV, minus Project Runway and Americas Best Dance Crew. I'm a victim of reality TV. Anyway, there are also shows that I will definitely watch if I happen to turn on the TV. At first it was just Mythbusters and Family Guy and South Park or whatever...but over the past year, I've found myself more and more hooked on The Deadliest Catch on the Discovery Channel.

In the words of my friend, "I no wanna be a fishermanz."

Crab fishing, in itself, is not super interesting. You get the gist of it after a while. You see the routine tens of times every episode. The draw is definitely a Schadenfreude kind of thing. The profession is just insane. They're just miserable and overworked for a week or two at a time...the re-run today the captain of the Cornelia Marie was convinced he had a punctured lung for about 2 and a half days before he got help.

I definitely started out thinking this was just a dumb show and they'll make a reality documentary style show about anything but now I'm hooked whenever they have mini-marathons. Damn.

No comments: